Are you worried about the condition of your ceilings? Here at Restoration Doctor, we are here to make sure your water restoration company has you covered. We want to make sure that you check on your ceilings frequently to keep you and your family safe. Our water restoration Miami company is dedicated to ensuring you have all the information you need.
Does Your Ceiling Need Help?
Here is a list of a few different ways your ceiling can warn you it may need to be replaced:
- Ceiling Stains: If your ceilings are painted a bright white, discoloration will be quickly noticeable. Ceiling stains present themselves in different colors and shapes, but regardless of what the stain looks like it’s an indication that something is not right.
- Ceiling Cracks: Cracks are a serious indication of a bigger problem. Cracks can either form as a straight line or spider web pattern.
- Bowed Ceiling: Ceilings are intended to be level and straight, not only for aesthetics but for structure purposes as well. If your ceiling begins to sag or bow, you likely have some serious issues that will need to be addressed.
- Peeling Paint: Unless your ceiling hasn’t been painted in a long time, the paint should not be flaking, cracking or peeling. If the paint on your ceiling is doing any of the following, it is a good indication that there is something else happening.
What about the cause of the damage? Here are the factors responsible for the damage:
- Water Leak: When your ceiling begins to show signs of staining, sagging, or peeling paint, it is a good indication that there is excess water sitting on your ceiling drywall. Water can find its way in via roof damage, missing shingles, or clogged gutters. Other sources for excess water can be a broken pipe, an improper shower fitting, or water to leaking from an upstairs bathroom. The first step is to find the source of the water. Your local water and mold clean up company should be able to find the source, dry the area, and repair the ceiling.
- Excess Moisture: Aside from water leaks, ceilings can become stained and discolored as a result of having too much moisture or humidity in your home. Rooms that are generally damp, including kitchen and bathrooms, are more susceptible to mold and mildew-stained ceilings. This can be prevented by installing proper ventilation and utilizing a dehumidifier if needed. It is important that when installing exhaust fans, you ensure the ductwork in the attic is properly insulated to prevent moisture from creating condensation stains.
- Structural Problems: Over time, homes will settle. This is normal. However, cracks running the entire length of the ceiling and down a wall is a good indication that your home is settling improperly or a wall stud is damaged or has become weak. If your ceiling begins to dip down or bow, the joist of your home may no longer be able to support the weight of your home.
- Age of Your Home: As your home gets older, it may begin to show its age in different ways. Most homes will begin to show their age through cracks in the walls and ceiling. These typically present themselves in a spiderweb pattern or short hairline cracks. Unless these cracks continue to grow in size, they can easily be repaired for aesthetic reasons using drywall mud or plaster and paint.
You Can Count On Our Water Restoration Company
Since its founding in 2007, Restoration Doctor has developed a reputation as one of the best and most respected disaster clean-up providers in the United States. Whether you are a homeowner, property manager, federal agency, or a facilities manager, we can provide you with a superior full-service restoration experience. If you are dealing with a water damage, content damage, or mold damage loss that is big or small, Restoration Doctor can handle it all.
Call Our Water Restoration Miami Professionals
We are the experts when it comes to flood restoration. Keep water for damaging your home further by taking advantage of water damage repair with restoration companies. If you want to ensure that water extraction from your home is done correctly, you can bet we will make it happen. Restoration Doctor, located in Davie, is the best choice when it comes to a water restoration company. Call or visit us today for more information on mold removal companies. Trust our Miami mold specialist.