Mold is America’s most common home affliction, and in the hot and humid State of Florida, we’re all too familiar with it. Homeowners across the state will experience mold outbreaks, and when they do, they’ll need to contact restoration companies to provide effective mold cleanup services. We at Restoration Doctor are one such service in the Broward area. DIY remediation projects can work for small scale mold cases, but for large scale, most homeowners won’t have the tools needed to remove the mold entirely. If you want to avoid needing the pros, though, the best thing you can do is prevent the mold from growing in the first place. Here’s how.
How to Prevent Mold with Fast Drying
Mold needs a few things in order to grow: humidity, moisture, and something to eat like wood or clothing. We can control two of these things. Here are a few ways to do this:
- Use a Dehumidifier
- A dehumidifier is a great way to dry out the air throughout your home. As a general rule of thumb, you’ll want to keep the humidity under 60% to keep your home too dry for mold to form.
- Create Airflow in Your Home
- Certain areas of your home, like the bathroom especially, can easily trap moisture and create areas ideal for mold. Opening windows, and creating plenty of space for the moisture to escape is important, otherwise it will nestle into the crevices of the space and develop mold. Also consider leaving the washing machine and dishwasher doors open after using them to let the steam escape.
- Remove Water After Water Damage
- If a pipe burst in your home, carpet and furniture could be damaged. Many of these items can be restored, and a restoration service can help, but one thing you can do is use tools like a carpet drying fan and wet-dry vacuum. You’ll want to work fast and remove as much water as soon as you can.
- Use Exhaust Fans
- An easy way to keep your home dry is to use exhaust fans in the bathrooms and when you’re cooking. As mentioned, steam can find little corners to collect in, creating ideal homes for mold to grow in the corners and crevices of your home.
Why Trust a Restoration Service for Mold Cleanup?
When it comes to severe mold damage, the common solution is to replace what’s been lost, but damage doesn’t always mean loss. There’s a possibility that the damage you’re looking at might be restorable with a mold restoration service. You can save money, especially if the damage isn’t covered by your insurance, with such a service. Even with insurance, the lower cost of restoration over replacement can keep your premiums low.
Contractors are trained in replacing what’s lost. This means they’re not trained in identifying what can be realistically restored with the right equipment. Restoration companies are trained in that way, however, and we can also go through all the damage you’re faced with and tell you what can be restored and what cannot. This can be done for no extra cost, so there’s nothing to lose by relying on a restoration company to handle your water damage repair needs.
Looking for Restoration Companies for Mold? Contact Us
Do you need mold cleanup services in the Broward area? If so, Restoration Doctor can help you with water damage restoration with mold remediation services for local residents. For no extra charge, we can also provide an analysis of what can be restored and what will require replacement. When you’re looking for mold damage repairs in Pembroke Pines or Davie, FL, you can trust us to handle your home with care. Contact us today for more information on our services.