Dealing with a water damage insurance claim isn’t the easiest thing. That is why it’s time to learn more about water damage restoration Miami, FL! If you have water damage in your home, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and stressed out that is why handling an insurance claim at that time isn’t something most people look forward to. However, getting tips from experts like the team at Restoration Doctor in Miami can help you figure out what you should and shouldn’t do when it comes to putting in a claim with your insurance provider. To find out more of their helpful tips and advice, keep reading below!
Water Damage Insurance Tips For You!
It is critical that when you are filing any type of insurance claim that you have all of the information you need and all of your bases are covered. If they aren’t, then there’s a chance that your insurance company will deny your claim. That is why talking with a company that provides the water damage restoration Miami, FL locals trust is imperative to understand what you should and should not be doing! It doesn’t matter if the damage was caused by a pipe bursting or a natural disaster the tips for filing a claim with your insurance company are the same.
- The damage that is done to your property and belongings need to be documented from the very beginning. It is critical that you take pictures in each stage of the water damage and restoration process that way, the insurance company has proof that there was water, and that is ruined your property.
- When you hire a professional company to handle the repairs, ask them if they will deal directly with the insurance provider. Some companies will offer to send estimates and bills directly to your insurance, cutting you out of the process entirely.
- Make sure you go over your insurance policy in detail to ensure that you understand exactly what is and is not covered when it comes to water damage. There is a chance that your coverage won’t take care of all the water damage that was done.
- In some cases, insurance companies won’t cover the water mitigation and extraction work that needs to be done in order to prevent or get rid of the mold that was caused by water damage. If this happens to you, it’s a smart idea to hire a public adjuster to advocate for you since the presence of mold not only poses a potential financial risk, but it also presents severe health risks.
- Hiring a public adjuster may be a good idea anyway because the adjuster working for the insurance company is looking out for their best interest and money, not yours. They will typically try to minimize the amount of money paid to you, and having someone on your side can help stop that from happening.
Contact Us For Water Damage Restoration Miami, FL!
Restoration Doctor in Miami has years of experience providing the top home repair services in the area. We pride ourselves on offering water damage cleaning to help stop the adverse effects of water and mold, so your home is safe for your family. We can also provide helpful tips for dealing with water damage insurance claims! Call or visit us today to find out how we can help you!