Stucco entirely covered on the exterior of a home represents true beauty, There is no doubt about that. Many homeowners prefer this method to cloak their home because it has many benefits. It is also very long lasting. However, there is a time where they are still vulnerable to water damage. At Restoration Doctor, we are here to control water damage at home. Let out water damage restoration Miami FL team help you!
Stucco Water Damage Causes
Unfortunately, even the most beneficial exteriors have some false, especially when it comes to water damage. Here are some of the leading causes of stucco water damage:
- Improper stucco composition
- The durability of the stucco will come from a well-balanced mixture of Portland cement, sand, and water.
- Each ingredient should conform to the standard specification set by the National Institute of Standards and Technology of the Department of Commerce. Apart from that, the mixture should be cured well to prevent it from cracking.
- Faulty stucco installation
- No matter how great the quality of the stucco is, if it’s not installed right, the outcome will still be mediocre.
- A break in the three-coat stucco (scratch coat, brown coat, and the finish coat) application, for instance, will cause a big problem later on. Same is true for installing stucco directly on a wooden lath.
- Unsuitable use of flashing
- Flashing acts as a protective barrier between the water and the seams of the house. Aluminum is favored because it’s lightweight and inexpensive. But the possibility of corrosion overrides those benefits. Once it decays, water will easily ooze through the holes.
- Stress cracks in stucco are caused by a lot of factors including earthquakes, direct impact, expansion, or strong winds.
Let Us Get Rid of Your Water Damage at Home
Before you even think of fixing your water-damaged stucco, make sure you fix the cause of the water damage. Whether you have a burst pipe, a leaking air conditioner, or whatever else, fixing that should be your first priority. Even if the water damage appears to be a fluke, you don’t want to repair the same stucco twice.
Here are some additional steps you can take to prevent water damage to your stucco in the future:
Applying a drainage plane material to prevent water from entering the wall
Preventing the migration of vapor by applying a vapor barrier
Applying a patching compound to the areas of the wall where the loose stucco has fallen away
Modification of weep screeds to guarantee the proper drainage of water
Application or improvement of sealants
Water Damage Restoration Miami FL Experts!
Since its founding in 2007, Restoration Doctor has developed a reputation as one of the best and most respected disaster clean-up providers in the United States. Whether you are a homeowner, property manager, federal agency, or a facilities manager we can provide you with a superior full-service restoration experience. If you are dealing with water damage, content damage, or mold damage loss that is big or small, Restoration Doctor can handle it all.
Our belief is that a restoration company should provide its customers with superior quality and service while maintaining the industry’s highest standards. Because of this the Restoration Doctor team is skilled and trained in all of our fields of service for commercial, residential and multi-family properties.
Call Us Today
We are the experts when it comes to water damage at home. Keep mold far away from your home by taking advantage of mold cleanup with restoration companies. If you want to ensure that water extraction from your home is done correctly, you can bet we will make it happen. Restoration Doctor, located in Davie, is the best choice when it comes to mold inspection and water damage restoration. Call or visit us today for more information. Trust us with water damage restoration Miami FL residents!