Dealing with floods is never a fun time. It can be very stressful and overwhelming, especially when you don’t know what you are doing. Luckily the professionals at Restoration Doctor know how to help. We have all the water cleanup tips you need. You can trust us as the best when it comes to water damage restoration.
Please Be Safe
Before you even think about getting started and dealing with this wet situtation, make sure you are safe. This can get extremely dangerous if you are not cautious. After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and “slip and fall” hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
More Water Cleanup Tips
Specialists work to repair the situation and restore your home back to how it was before it was damaged. When it comes to cleaning up water in flooded basements, specialists will also help you to find any cracks in your foundation that might be allowing water to seep in, and make sure that it is repaired.
So what do you do first? Here is a list of things you must do after the flooding:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting. If the amount of water is small enough, you can mop to remove excess water. Otherwise there will be a need for professional water extraction.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
However, remember, safety is key. Do not do the following:
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
After the worst has passed and water has been suctioned out of your home, water cleanup can start. For water restoration and all of your water damage help we strongly advise you to call the water damage restoration specialists, like us, to save as much as of your belongings as possible and restore your home like new.
- Remove unsalvageable contents and structures
- Take away any debris
- Clean and apply disinfecting agents to affected areas
- Deodorize and dry the structure
- Document your water damage with before, during and after photos
- Work with your insurance adjuster for any water damage claims
Call Us Today
Trust us when it comes to water cleanup. If you want to ensure that water extraction from your home is done correctly, you can bet we will make it happen. Restoration Doctor, located in Davie, is the best choice when it comes to water damage restoration. Call or visit us today for more information.