We all have seen mold. We all know that it is a substance that we never want to see in our homes. Although it is great for nature, it is hazardous to the human body. Are you aware that there are a plethora of types? Restoration Doctor is here to inform you of all the different types of mold that can make its way into your house. We are here for you and want to ensure your family is protected against this poison. We specialize in water damage cleaning.
Toxic and Dangerous
Mold can be a toxic and dangerous living substance that grows in very specific conditions. Mold typically thrives in damp and dark environments where temperatures range from 60 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Mold can occur in your home, car, office or any other structure you and your family spend time in.
It is critical to identify and eliminate mold as soon as it begins to develop. Mold can be highly toxic and can have a long-lasting effect on human health depending on the species and the extent of exposure. Children, seniors, pregnant women and people with pre-existing health conditions are particularly vulnerable to the effects of mold. Mold is such a severe health issue that organizations like the Institute of Medicine, the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have all researched and published findings on the links between this toxic substance and different illnesses and health conditions. Trust our water damage cleaning experts.
Symptoms of mold exposure:
- Chest and nasal congestion
- Coughing, sneezing and wheezing
- Sore throat
- Watering, dry or sore eyes
- Skin irritation
Types of Mold
- Grows in humidifiers, cooling coils, drain pans, and window sealants.
- Grows wherever dampness occurs, such as showers, bathtubs, and below leaking sinks.
- Commonly found in American homes.
- Commonly found growing behind wallpaper or on painted or wooden surfaces.
- Commonly found in water-damaged home and buildings.
- Grows in warm and cold condition. Can be found in fabrics, upholsteries, and carpets.
- Grows in homes with water damage.
- Grows near air conditioning, HVAC systems, and ducting.
- Found in water damaged buildings.
- Stachybotrys (black mold)
- Thrives in damp, wet areas with high humidity levels.
- Found on wet surfaces and moist areas.
- Found in kitchens, bathrooms, basements, and around windows with high condensation levels.
Contact Us Today
It is important to be aware of the various types of mold that can be found in your home. Here are Restoration Doctor, we are experts when it comes to water damage cleaning. Call or contact us today, Miami, for more information.