You can’t stop mother nature from striking when it comes to powerful storms, especially in Miami. It is unpredictable and inevitable. However, you can make sure you are prepared to avoid the flood and damage that may ensure. That is where we come in. The professionals at Restoration Doctor want to make sure that when it comes to restoration cleaning services and how to avoid the need for them, you stay up to date on the latest tips. Water damage cleaning is never easy, so it is best to stay on top of it.
Do You Know What Is Flood Resistant?
There are specific construction materials that are designed to reduce the amount of water damage that homes or businesses sustain in the event of a flood. These products are able to withstand direct contact with floodwaters for up to 72-hours, without sustaining significant damage that leads to major repairs. Here are examples of the top-rated flood-resistant materials:
- Floors: use concrete, pressure-treated lumber, or clay or ceramic tiles
- Walls and Ceilings: use brick, metal, concrete, or stone
- Doors: hollow metal doors and cabinets
- Surfaces: polyester epoxy paint for added protection
Restoration Cleaning Services and Tips
We are proud to offers clean-up services for:
- Sump-Pump Back-Ups
- Broken or Frozen Pipes
- Plumbing Back-Ups
- Roof Leaks
- Sewer Back-Ups
- Storm Recovery
- Broken or Malfunctioning Appliances
- Other water damage disasters
Here are a few tips to help you get prepared for the next flood:
- Avoid building in a floodplain—an area especially prone to flooding during heavy rains.
- If you do live in a floodplain, consider buying flood insurance to help with losses if, and when, a flood occurs.
- Construct barriers (levees, beams, floodwalls) to stop flood water from entering your home. Sandbags can provide a temporary levee in an emergency.
- Seal walls in basements with waterproofing compounds to avoid seepage.
- Pay attention to weather forecasts. When heavy rain or storms are forecasted, listen to the radio or television for information on flooding risk.
- What’s worse—a flood watch or warning? A watch means flooding is possible. A warning means flooding is occurring or will occur soon.
We Can Help You With Water Damage Cleaning
Restoration Doctor’s professionals have the proper equipment and expertise necessary to handle the most dynamic losses, including water damage cleanup and repair, mold removal and cleanup, and contents restoration. No job is too big or too small – we are always ready to help. We can respond to emergency calls 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our state-of-the- art emergency call center is equipped with dedicated hotlines to facilitate quick response time to all emergency calls.
Call Us For Water Damage Cleaning
We are the experts when it comes to restoration cleaning services. Keep water for damaging your home further by taking advantage of water damage repair with restoration companies. If you want to ensure that water extraction from your home is done correctly, you can bet we will make it happen. Restoration Doctor, located in Davie, is the best choice when it comes to a water restoration company. Call or visit us today for more information on mold removal companies. Trust our Miami mold specialist.