Imagine washing your clothes in a machine that is infested with mold. It kind of defeats the purpose, doesn’t it? Luckily at Restoration Decor, we have tips and tricks to help you prevent mold in your appliances. When it comes to removing mold, we are the experts to trust. Our Miami mold specialist will work with you to ensure the safety of your home from this silent killer. We are located in Davie.
Filling a brand new refrigerator or taking clothes out of a spotless dryer can become surprisingly satisfying chores when your appliances are new. But everyone knows that in due time, these same chores aren’t as fun when you find mold growing inside a washing machine or along the edge of a dishwasher. Not only are moldy appliances unsightly, but it can also be bad for your health when moldy spores start to thrive. That’s why it is important to start preventing mold from growing on your appliances immediately upon delivery. There are a few specific appliances that are infamous for trapping moisture and inviting mold. Here are a few different ways you can keep these appliances clean and mold free.
Removing Mold and Avoiding It In Appliances
- Washing machine
- Do laundry often. Try not to let damp or dirty clothes sit for a long time on the floor or in a hamper.
- Dry all your clothes right away.
- Keep the lid/door of a washer open after washes to let them dry out.
- Refer to the owner’s manual on how to regularly clean out the washing machine. At least once a month, check the door creases, drum, and detergent drawers clean and free of grime.
- Rinse dishes before loading in the dishwasher. If small pieces of food sit for an extended period, mold can grow.
- After running the dishwasher, leave the door open for a short period so it can dry completely before closing.
- At least once a week, run the heat-dry function to kill any bacteria inside of the dishwasher. After running this function, be sure also to leave the door open to allow the interior to dry.
- Remove the silverware baskets after each wash and clean them to make sure no food is hiding in its creases.
- Any spills or small pieces of food need to be cleaned up immediately. Don’t allow juices or soda spills to become crusty or hardened.
- At least once a month, remove all trays, drawers, egg containers, butter compartments and scrub everything down. Using hydrogen peroxide or vinegar are chemical-free ways to keep the refrigerator clean and mold-free.
- Use a toothbrush or small scrub brush to clean out the door creases.
- Make sure the trays, compartments, and shelves are dry before closing the doors.
Call Our Miami Mold Specialist Today
When it comes to removing mold, turn to our mold specialist. We know exactly how to find and get rid of this silent killer. We are experts in water damage restoration, too. Restoration Doctor, located in Davie, is one of the best restoration companies when it comes to mold inspection and water damage. Call or visit us today for more information. We are the ones to trust when it comes the best Miami mold specialist.