Mold is everywhere. It is not a bacteria that we are unfamiliar with. It sort has become a household name. Whether it is black mold or toxic mold, it can be very damaging to your health. This is the primary reason why it is important to have a mold inspection at your residence. At Restoration Doctor, we are here for you. We are experts in mold remediation Miami.
Fact About Mold
People have spent thousands of dollars in indoor mold remediation or disposed of household items including clothes because of mold contamination. Are these decisions based on facts or fear? It is a difficult question to answer.
Indoor mold and bacteria growth is a fact of life for almost all industrial and indoor environments. However, indoor mold growth can be controlled by providing adequate ventilation and maintaining indoor humidity levels between 30-60%. When excessive moisture or water accumulates indoors, mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problem remains unnoticed or un-addressed for more than 48 hours. The key to mold control is timely maintenance and prompt repairs.
Not all molds are harmful but to be safe it is better to treat all molds as potentially harmful. The color of the mold does not determine whether it is harmful or not. Therefore black mold is not necessarily bad mold. Indoor mold-related health effects depend on:
- types of mold present
- amount of mold one are exposed to and for how long
- individual health status or sensitivity. Children, elderly and sick people are more vulnerable to mold.
It is difficult to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment. However, the levels can be minimized by controlling growth. Monitor mold growth by looking for water stains or discoloration on the ceiling, walls, floors, and window sills.
Mold Inspection Is Necessary
- Health Risk
- Indoor mold and bacteria pose health risks. As they grow indoors, mold and bacteria produce spores and/or chemical compounds into the air. The health effects associated with these spores and chemicals may include a runny nose, eye irritation, cough, congestion, aggravation of asthma and respiratory problems, headache, flu-like symptoms, fatigue, and skin rash and other allergic reactions. Individuals with weak immune systems may also get infected by molds as a result of exposure.
- Legal Issues
- Those responsible for building maintenance or health and safety of building occupants, contractors and other professionals involved in the building operations are at risk of being sued if occupants get sick from indoor mold growth.
- Material Damage and Impairment of Processes.
- Mold if allowed to grow, can impair the functioning of many processes from air conditioning units to electrical circuits. Surfaces of materials on which mold is growing get stained or discolored and may disintegrate over time. Wood-rotting molds are capable of weakening wooden structures.
- Indoor Mold and Bacteria Contamination Can Affect Businesses.
- Mold and bacteria growth in the workplace can affect the productivity of employees either directly or indirectly. A business affected by microbial contamination problems can soon see its market share fall and incur huge costs in liabilities. For example in food processing plants such as bakeries, bread can develop mold even before it leaves for the market.
If you are in the need for a mold inspection, we are the perfect resource for you. You can trust Restoration Doctor to get the job done. Call our mold remediation Miami.