Dealing with mold can have many adverse effects on your health. When you think of it, the mold is kind of a silent killer. Even though you may not notice its presence, and probably don’t feel the side effects, there is still a chance that this killer is damaging your immune system. Luckily, the professionals at Restoration Doctor is here to aid when it comes to mold exposure. We are expert of mold remediation Miami.
Mold Is Everywhere
There is always some mold everywhere. It in the air, in small spaces, and on many surfaces. Molds have been on the Earth for millions of years. Mold grows where there is moisture and it is part of the ecosystem. You can’t just eliminate the mold completely. It is a part of nature that is not going anywhere. As humans, we need to take the proper steps to protect ourselves and stay healthy. We must live amongst the mold and at least keep it away from us.
Mold Exposure Affects Your Health
Exposure to damp and moldy environments may cause a variety of health effects, or maybe none at all. Some people are sensitive to molds. But why take a gamble when it comes to protecting yourself. For these people, molds can cause nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, coughing or wheezing, eye irritation, or, in some cases, skin irritation. People with mold allergies may have more severe reactions. Immune-compromised people and people with chronic lung illnesses, such as obstructive lung disease, may get serious infections in their lungs when they are exposed to mold. These people should stay away from areas that are likely to have mold, such as compost piles, cut grass, and wooded areas.
What Are Molds You Can Control?
Inside your house, you can control mold growth by:
- Controlling humidity levels
- Promptly fixing leaky roofs, windows, and pipes
- Thoroughly cleaning and drying after flooding
- Ventilating shower, laundry, and cooking areas
If mold is growing in your home, you need to clean up the mold and fix the moisture problem. Mold growth can be removed from hard surfaces with commercial products, soap, and water, or a bleach solution of no more than 1 cup of household laundry bleach in 1 gallon of water. But there is some mold that may be too challenging to conquer. When that happens, it is time to leave it to the professionals. Leave it to us.
Tips To Avoid Mold
- Keep humidity levels as low as you can. An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the level low. Bear in mind that humidity levels change throughout a day with changes in the moisture in the air and the air temperature, so you will need to check the humidity levels more than once a day.
- Be sure your home has enough ventilation. Use exhaust fans which vent outside your home in the kitchen and bathroom. Make sure your clothes dryer vents outside your house.
- Fix any leaks in your home’s roof, walls, or plumbing, so mold does not have moisture to grow.
- Clean up and dry out your home thoroughly and quickly after flooding.
- Add mold inhibitors to paints before painting.
- Clean bathrooms with mold-killing products.
- Remove or replace carpets and upholstery that have been soaked and cannot be dried promptly. Consider not using carpet in rooms or areas like bathrooms or basements that may have a lot of moisture.
Contact Us Today
If you are looking for a professional to handle mold exposure and rid it completely, look no farther. We are the best choice for mold remediation Miami. Call or visit Restoration Doctor today, Davie.