Did you recently find mold in your home and are looking to get it removed immediately? This is when you must turn to the experts. Here at Restoration Doctor, we are here to ensure that you have all the information you need to hire the perfect mold abatement company. When it comes to complete perfection, our Miami mold specialists are here to get your home back on track. We are located in Davie.
Do You Need To Test For Mold?
In most cases, there is no point in testing for mold. If you can physically see it, there is no need to waste money on pre-testing mold. One thing is for sure. You must get rid of it. Since no visible mold growth belongs in a healthy home and all mold should be removed the same way, there is usually no need to identify what types and concentrations of mold you have via testing.
If a so-called mold professional insists that you need to spend hundreds of dollars on pre-testing when mold is already visible, our advice is to be very wary because it’s often a waste of money.
The only time we recommend pre-testing when there is visible mold is when you need “hard proof” for a negotiation. For example, if you are buying a house that has some mold, it’s probably a good idea to get it tested/confirmed so you can negotiate the price down with the seller.
What Does A Mold Abatement Specialist Do?
Any mold professional should be able to explain your mold removal project. If a contractor is unable to explain the basic processes and steps of mold remediation and mold removal, be very careful! If someone tries to complicate and confuse you about the process and scare you into hiring them, walk away.
So what is their process?
- Containment and Ventilation
- The first step, and arguably the most important, is setting up containment and ventilation. The use of proper ventilation and air filtration devices (AFDs) such as air scrubbers is required to ensure that mold spores that are disturbed and become airborne are not spreading to an uninfected area.
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Cleaning and disinfecting is the next step, and this is the stage that includes the actual remediation and disposal of infected materials. After the cleaning and disinfecting, then the technicians apply biocide/fungicide/moldicide solutions.
- Fix the Mold Source
- The next step is where the technicians address any moisture or humidity concerns. For example, if a loose bathroom fan duct is running into an attic, the fan duct may be fixed. If the fix is easy, the mold remediation company may take on the repair by itself. For more involved repairs, the company may hire a subcontractor or recommend one for the homeowner.
- Encapsulate the Mold
- The mold that has not been removed is encapsulated by paint or a similar material. Encapsulation is an approved method of dealing with mold in a home.
Call Our Miami Mold Specialist
We are the experts when it comes to mold abatement. Keep mold far away from your home by taking advantage of mold cleanup with restoration companies. If you want to ensure that water extraction from your home is done correctly, you can bet we will make it happen. Restoration Doctor, located in Davie, is the best choice when it comes to mold inspection and water damage restoration. Call or visit us today for more information. Trust our Miami mold specialist.