The damage was done. The rainstorm completely flooded your basement. However, you already cleaned it up, and all is well now. Or so you think. You take a look around, and there is mold. You think, “Oh, that’s not so bad.” Think again. Mold is the silent killer. Restoration Doctor is professionals on house mold. We are the best Miami mold specialist you can trust.
Is It Common For Mold To Come After Remediation?
Before we dive into an answer, let’s take a look at mold and explain exactly what it is and how it got there. Also, how to get rid of it.
Mold can be defined as fungi which grow in hyphae form. For mold to grow the following conditions must be met: Mold spores, source of food like cotton, drywall or wood, darkness, warmth, oxygen, moisture as well as enough time for growth. The key cause of mold growth in a home is moisture. Trust our Miami mold specialist.
Here is what causes mold:
- Humid is the key cause of mold growth as high humidity acts as food for the mold.
- Leaking pipes
- Leaks from water pipes also cause mold growth, and it worsens if the leaks are not detected. Such is dangerous as mold starts growing before the leaking can be detected.
- Cold surfaces at home may lead to condensation. Condensation forms on metal pipes with cold and also concrete floors. Under carpets may also experience condensation which later leads to mold growth.
- Poor ventilation
- Poorly ventilated homes may result in stagnant air which is moist and hence result in mold growth.
The House Mold Remediation Process
The experts at Restoration Doctor know precisely how to get rid of the mold. The steps include:
- Knowledge on moisture
- Mold growth assessment goes beyond the black/green things spotted growing on the walls. It might be growing around and behind the things in your house. The first step needed is you to understand the cause behind the growth of mold then secondly become a moisture master.
- Documentation of mold problem and creation of remediation plan
- Before starting mold remediation, have documentation of mold occurrence with video, photos, and writing.
- Calculate contamination extent
- Mold at times spread out to several places, and therefore it is required that you analyze the contamination extends you are dealing with. This will have an impact on the way you approach the process of removing mold then clean up. The main aim for mold remediation is cleaning up any mold which is growing for the avoidance of exposure of homeowners to mold.
- The contamination and remediation of mold
- Remediation includes cleaning up any mold in existence as well as avoiding homeowner exposure to mold. Remediation guidelines are in two divisions, level 1 and level 2 guidelines as per the size of the area the remediation is to be performed. For a small space, remediation is done using level 1 guidelines while level 2 is used for larger areas.
Call Us Today
If you are looking for a professional to handle house mold exposure and rid it completely, look no farther. We are the best choice for mold remediation. Call or visit Restoration Doctor today. We are a Miami mold specialist.