Dealing with a house fire is the last thing you want on your plate right now. The stress that comes with this is unbearable. The experts at Restoration Doctor are here to make sure you are aware of the common causes of house fires that way you can avoid it altogether. We are a fire damage restoration company that wants to keep you and your family protected. You will never need to search the phrase restoration companies near me again.

 

Avoid The Pain and Struggle

Did you know that the U.S. fire departments respond to home fires every 86 second? That is around 1,000 fires a day!  These fires can cause physical injuries as well as cause a significant amount of property damage. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)’s 2017 report revealed on average that there are 351,000 residential fires per year. Some of these fires could have been prevented by practicing proper fire safety and having fire alarms.

 

The causes of residential fires can range from unattended food in the kitchen to candles left burning in the room. It pays to be vigilant and spare yourself from fire-related problems. We are here to help share the most common causes of residential fires to help you gain knowledge about how to prevent this from happening to your home.

 

Top Causes From Our Fire Damage Restoration Team

  • Candles
    • Candles caused approximately 9,300 home fires between 2009 and 2013. They were also responsible for 827 injuries and $374 million in property damage. It only takes a split second for a child or pet to knock a candle over or move it close to flammable materials for a fire to ignite.
  • Cooking
    • Neglected cooking equipment remains the leading cause of injuries in residential fires. Unattended hot plates and toasters, overheated grease, and microwaving dishes that are non-microwavable are common culprits.
  • Electrical Wires and Overloaded Strips
    • Worn-out, chewed, or frayed electrical cords can spark a house fire. Exposed electrical wires, for example, will light a rug on your floor immediately. Wires chewed on by pets can also result in serious fire hazards. Overloaded power strips are another cause of sparks that may start a fire.
    • A small fire can instantly grow before you even finish reading this article. Fire is fast! There is no time to gather your belongings. In as little as five minutes, your home could be swallowed in flames.
    • Dealing with fire-damaged properties requires the skill and care of a professional. We only employ certified and experienced technicians on our team. Our technicians are also trained in using a range of high-tech cleaning and restoration equipment.

 

Call One of the Best Restoration Companies Near Me Today!

We are the experts when it comes to fire damage restoration. Keep fire far away from your home by taking advantage of prevention with restoration companies. If you want to ensure that fire prevention from your home is done correctly, you can bet we will make it happen. Restoration Doctor, located in Davie, is the best choice when it comes to mold inspection and water damage restoration. Call or visit us today for more information. Trust one of the best restoration companies near me today!