Anytime a business is forced to shut down the effects can be devastating. This is even truer when the reason for the shutdown is water damage because there are times where repairs can’t be done. It is impossible to prevent water damage from occurring entirely, but taking proper measures and creating a disaster recovery plan can protect your company’s future and profits. Coming up with this plan isn’t something that can easily be done, which is why it’s important to find experts in the field who can help analyze your business, its risk level, and insurance policy to come up with ideas. The water restoration Miami locals trust the most is Restoration Doctor located in Davie. This company will take the time to speak with you about your business to figure out the best plan of action in the event of water damage.
Creating A Disaster Recovery Plan
There are many steps that go into creating a full recovery plan, and it’s important to include them all to make sure your plan will be effective.
The first thing you want to do is go over your insurance policy. You want to make sure that you have sufficient coverage to pay for any indirect costs as well as the disruption to your business/profits. One aspect that you should pay close attention to is your policy deductibles and limits. This will give you a better idea of how much out of pocket costs you may endure repairing damages.
In the event that something should happen your recovery plan should include the following:
- Have an emergency response plan: Make sure all of your employees from the top of the company down know who to call in case of an emergency. Also, make sure they are trained on how to limit property losses.
- Make sure everyone knows their part: Having each step of the plan written out clearly and responsibilities assigned to each employee will make the execution of the plan go smoothly. Make sure your company practices the procedures as well that way they know what to do and where to do it. When a disaster occurs, it is an extremely stressful situation, so the more practice people have executing the plan, the more prepared they’ll be.
- Have a list of important numbers: After disaster strikes it’s important to let people know. The list should include all local and state emergency agencies, major clients/customers, contractors, suppliers, insurance provider, etc.
- Set up a way to communicate with customers: When water damage occurs at a business the potential to lose customers to high. In order to prevent this from happening you need to organize a way to communicate with them. Some strategies might include making phone calls, sending emails, posting flyers at your location, or even placing ads in a local paper. If your clients feel like their feelings are being considered during this process, they are more likely to return to you after your business is up and running again.
- Find another building: Finding an alternate place to conduct your business could be a great option while you are getting damages repaired and it could help stop the loss of profits.
Be Disaster Ready
Having all of these things in place is a great way to make sure you’re ready in case disaster comes your way, but it’s just as crucial to have the water restoration Miami natives trust on speed dial as well. Having them come out as soon as possible could stop further damage from happening.
Restoration Doctor in Davie has years of experience in damage restoration. We offer 24-hour emergency service, which is why we’ve become the water restoration Miami locals have come to rely on time and time again. We also make a point to sit down with our clients to help them create a disaster recovery plan for their business, so they are prepared in the event of an emergency. Call or visit us today to find out how we can help you and your business!